We suggest caring for your new engineered hand sculpted floor in the same manner you would perform maintenance on most other hardwood floors. Hardwood floor cleaners, such as Arboritec Floor Cleaner recommends the following.
What to do:
- Vacuum or sweep floor regularly. General cleaning once every week is recommended.
- Remove spills promptly.
- Place mats at exterior doors to trap sand and grit. Use area rugs in high traffic pathways, at the end of steps and near doorways. Avoid rubber backing or non-ventilated rugs.
- Use protective caps or pads under the feet of furniture.
- Maintain humidity in your home between 45% and 55%. Excessive humidity can cause wood floors to swell, creating cracks in the finish.
What not to do:
- Don’t let sand, dirt and grit build up. They can act like sandpaper and actually abrade and dull your floor finish.
- Don’t wet mop your floors. Too much water can cause the floor to swell or warp.
- Don’t let your pets’ claws go untrimmed. Proper claw trimming helps avoid scratches and gouges.
- Don’t walk on your floors in high heels, and keep heels in good repair.
- Don’t use wax, oil-soap or other household cleaners on polyurethane finished floors. They can dull today’s floor finishes and make refinishing difficult.